Again, gunmen kill 9, injure others in Kajuru





Barely three weeks after some villages in Kajuru local government area were attacked, leaving scores killed, armed bandits on Wednesday again attacked Tudu village in Agwala Dutse in the same Council, killing at least nine persons
The gunmen invaded Tudu village in the early hours of Wednesday, shooting sporadically at the villagers at sight, while the villagers fled to avoid being killed.  


A source from Kajuru told Blueprint correspondent that the renewed attack took place at about 5:00am Wednesday, saying that, the gunmen invaded the village and started shooting sporadically at the villager who ran for their dear lives.
According to the source, “Yes, there was an attack on Tudu village in Agwala Dutse at about 5:00am today (Wednesday) and several people were killed and several others too sustained injuries.”
Kajuru local government Chairman, Mr. Cafra Caino, confirmed that, nine people lost their lives in the attack. He noted that, but for the timely intervention of security operatives, the casualties figures would have been more.


Caino, however, said detailed inventory of casualties were being taken and that security operatives had been mobilized to the community. 
He said, “We have once again been set back in our confidence building effort and peace engagements after Tudu village in Agwala Dutse general area was attacked this morning. 
“It is confirmed that nine lives were lost in the attack. A detailed inventory of casualties is being taken. My heart goes out to all the families affected; may God grant the souls of the victims eternal rest. 


“The position of Kajuru LGA remains that all communities must recourse to the law as against engaging in killings and reprisals. I also passionately implore all and sundry to unite to win this war against criminality in our local government council. 
“The council will not relent in its commitment to end the violence but success can only be achieved with the support of every peace loving citizen,” he assured.


Meanwhile, Kaduna Police Command’s PPRO, ASP Mohammed Jalige, said he would soon release a statement on the incident.
Southern Kaduna Peoples Union (SOKAPU) recently alleged that no fewer than 30 decomposed bodies of villagers were left in the bush after bandits it suspected to be Fulani herdsmen attacked 15 communities in the area in the previous attacks.

Matched content



Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*