Agency donates 160 blocks of 2 bedroom flats to IDP’s in Yobe




Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development (CSDP) in partnership with World Bank funded programme has constructed 160 blocks of 2 bedroom houses to victims of Boko Haram insurgency in the state.

District head of Kukareta, Damaturu, Alh. Lawan Babagana disclosed this to journalists, Monday while on media tour.

He said: “Prior to mass exodus of IDPs from communities in Borno and Yobe states to settle in Kukareta, there were challenges of shelter that was why we solicited support from CSDP”.

“The agency asked us to form groups to be able to access the support which we did.  After forming eight groups of ten each, 65 blocks of 2 bedroom houses were constructed, 15 are still ongoing apart from the first 80 constructed in the phase one”, he said.

He further, said the individual beneficiaries were asked to provide only 5 per cent of the total cost while the agency pays the remaining 95 per cent for them to execute the project through direct labour or to a contractor.

The General Manager of the CSDP, Goni Baba Gana who was part of the media tour told journalists that funds could only be accessed if beneficiaries organized themselves into groups and come up with an intended project.

He further clarifies that, the 5 per cent contribution by individual vulnerable groups and the 10 per cent community group projects can be contributed either in kind or in cash, adding that the agency has a strong monitoring team before funds are released.

A beneficiary, Hauwa Isa Umar who was displaced from Kala Balge in Borno state to Kukareta, said her husband was taken away by the insurgents living behind 6 children.

She thanked the agency for coming to her aid and urged them to sustain the tempo so that other returnees can benefit.

Share the news, pls

Matched content



Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*