All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, President Muhammadu Buhari is in early lead in the 13 local government areas results of Saturday presidential election in Kaduna state.
According to the results collated at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Kaduna state headquarters by Prof. Bello Shehu, Buhari has so far won in Kubau, Makarfi, Kudan, Sabon Gari, Ikara, Kauru, Giwa and Soba local government areas.
This is just as the PDP candidate emerged winner in Zango Kataf, Kaura, Kajuru, Kagarko and Jaba local government areas.
While, Atiku defeated the APC in the home local government of the incumbent Deputy Governor, Architect Barnabas Yusuf Bala, Buhari equally floored both Senator Suleiman Othman Hunkuyi and the PDP governorship candidate in the state, Hon. Mohammed Isa Ashiru Kudan in their Kudan local government area.
As at the adjournment of the collation exercise around 2:10am early Monday morning, results from the last 10 local government areas were being awaited as the exercise is expected to resume by 9:00am Monday.
The results of the presidential election in the 13 local government areas are as follow;
1. KUBAU LG APC: 67,140, PDP: 13,296
2. MAKARFI LG APC: 36,625, PDP: 14,494
3. IKARA LG APC: 44,021, PDP: 14,464
4. KAURA LG APC: 6,907, PDP: 33,647
5. JABA LG APC: 6,400, PDP: 22,758
6. KUDANAPC: 30,577, PDP: 11,697
7. ZANGO KATAF APC: 10,411, PDP: 62,622
8. SABON GARI APC: 58,467, PDP: 22,644
9. SOBAAPC: 51,548, PDP: 10,656
10. KAURUAPC: 33,578, PDP: 27,041
11. KAGARKOAPC: 16,663, PDP: 21,605
12. KAJURUAPC: 7,888, PDP: 31,446
13. GIWAAPC: 45,574, PDP: 9,838