Additional 39 persons have been discharged from various isolation centers in Gombe after tests of their recovery from coronavirus were confirmed.
The Chairman of the taskforce, Prof. Idris Mohammed, disclosed this during the committee’s daily briefing in Gombe on Tuesday.
He stated that with the recent 39, the state has now discharged 59 people.
He said, of the 59 discharged persons, 20 were from the isolation ward of the Federal Teaching Hospital (FTH) Gombe, while the remaining 39 were from Kwadon isolation centre.
He also stated that six of the positive cases were from Adamawa and Borno, adding that their records were handed over to their respective states.
Mohammed said the taskforce had earlier submitted 1,272 samples for tests out of which 118 tested positive while 299 were outstanding.
He appealed to the general public to cooperate with the state rapid response team during contact tracing as a way to curtail community transmission.
“We are appealing to the general public to cooperate with our rapid response team because what we are doing is out of the supreme desire to prevent the spread of the disease in the communities,” he said.