Fear grips residents as gunmen kill another vigilante leader in Kogi

Chairman of the vigilante group  in Egume community, Mr. Attah Isah, was Sunday evening murdered by unknown assailants at Efakwu – Egume in Dekina local government area of  Kogi state.
Sources close to the family told newsmen that the assailants who had been trailing his movement during the day later confronted him at the front of his house at Efakwu area in Egume at about 8.00pm.
The gunmen were said to have opened fire on Attah at close range and killed him instantly on Sunday while relaxing in front of his house. 
The sources said before his friends and family could run out after the gun shots, the assailants had gone on a standby motorcycle.
The former chairman of a vigilante group in Egume, Attah Wada, was equally assassinated while praying in front of his house at Egume on May 27, 2014, at about 6.30pm.

In the same vein, the Amana- Attah of Ojikpadala – Egume, Chief Isah Edime, the pioneer General Manager of Radio Kogi and former producer of “Democracy in Action” at the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) was also kidnapped from his house and assassinated the same day Mallam Attah Wada was murdered.

Till date, no arrest was made in connection with those incidents by either the police or any law enforcement agent in the state.

In his reaction, the National President of Egume Ome Descendants Union (EODU), Alhaji Mohammed Ibrahim, expressed shock over the murder of the vigilante chairman, Mr. Attah Isah, describing the acts as inhuman and condemnable.

Confirming the incidence to newsmen on Tuesday in Lokoja,  the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Kogi police command, DSP Williams Aya, said one Enemaku Isah of Egume, a junior brother to the slain Vigilance group chairman, reported the incident.

According to Aya, Enemaku had said armed men shot his elder brother, one Attah Isah, chairman of the vigilante group Egume, saying the assailants came on a motorcycle, shot the victim twice and fled, adding that the deceased was rushed to the General Hospital, Egume where he was confirmed dead.  

Related content you may like

Be the first to comment