Hazard laughs off Real Madrid deal


Hazard

Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has denied reports that he has agreed a lucrative five-year deal with Real Madrid.

Hazard’s Chelsea deal comes to an end after next season and reports emerged this week stating that he had agreed to join Real – after speaking directly to their head coach Zinedine Zidane.

Hazard is currently on international duty with Belgium and, when asked about the Real link on Saturday, he smiled and said: “There’s nothing in the reports.

“I’m only focused on tomorrow’s (Sunday) game against Cyprus.

“That’s all I’m thinking about.”

There were reports that Chelsea rejected a bid of around £60m for Hazard earlier this month.

The Belgian has turned down offers of a new deal at Chelsea so far – but with the spectre of a transfer ban hanging over the London club, they may be reluctant to sell their prize asset.

If they are unable to sign Hazard, Real are planning a move for West Ham’s Felipe Anderson.

Hazard was in good form for Belgium on Thursday night, scoring twice as they began their Euro 2020 qualifiers with a 3-1 defeat of Russia.

Hazard will join Belgium’s other centurions Jan Vertonghen and Axel Witsel in receiving a commemorative cap.

”What am I going to do with it? I fear it will land up in my garage along with the trophies that I’ve won,” he said

“I’ve said before that I not really interested in those sort of things. Maybe my father will hand it up at Stade Brainois.”

The Belgian amateur club is where Hazard and his three brothers began their careers and his father Thierry is the groundsman.



Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply