Insecurity: Where are Borno elders, northern leaders who crucified Jonathan? Dogara asks

... 40% Youths, 30% women ll form control my government - Atiku

Buratai with Army Troop

The Speaker House of Representative, Yakubu Dogara has berated the Borno elders and the northern leaders for their inability to speak out against the worsen insecurity situation in that party of the country like they did in 2015, during the reign of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under the leadership of former President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Speaking at the PDP rally that berthed at Lafia Nasarawa state capital on Thursday, after the Minna rally which held on Wednesday, Dogara said 2019 election is not about Buhari and not about Atiku, “it is a referendum about  insecurity and hunger in this land”. 

He continued, ” on the issue of insecurity, all of us know what is happening at Borno, in Abuja, Kaduna, Zamfara and Katisna, even Sokoto now. And even Nasarawa state, Benue and Plateau state. I cannot even mention all, is a general problem in the country. But I only mentioned the state where the situation is so endemic.

The speaker who noted that, when these things were prevalence in 2015 Borno Elders, also queried that, “where are Borno Elders now? Where are the leaders of northern Nigeria where this problem has become endemic? What are they saying? The truth is that if we don’t rise to the challenge, sooner than later if things continue this way we are not going to have a country. So it is our responsibility to rescue Nigeria from the clutches of insecurity, because without security we cannot even understand the meaning of democracy.

“Now the sad commentary about the elites in Nigeria is that we have all by our silence become enabler to those who have been unable to tackle this insecurity. And you know what enabler do? Enabler don’t build a country, they only instigate or worship an individual to a position where they will compare such a person with God and non of us was built to receive worship. Any human being who accept worship will meet destruction, he added.

According to Dogara, ” that is why we are witnessing destruction in Nigeria, because we have elevated some human beings to the status of God. And we need to rise up as a people to rescue the country from the clutches of insecurity. 

He said “the last issue today is a referendum on education in 2019 election. Is been said that if you want to distroy a community, a state, if you want to distroy a nation don’t even fire shot, don’t even build crisis that is been perpetrated around, don’t even bring nuclear bomb, all you do is to lower the standard of education in that society, community or nation. Once you succeeded in doing that you have killed the nation. You may not understand what am talking about here. 

Dogara also lamented that, ” right now in Nigeria universities lecturers are on strike, if it was a decent government that is committed to the future of this country, it wouldn’t take one week to resolve this problem.

“Unfortunately, this problem is lingering and if we shut down education, we have shut down progress, shut down the future for our teaming youths who are gathered here. We shut down progress for this country called Nigeria.”

On his part, the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), former Vice President, Atiku  Abubakar also promised to give youths 40%, women 30% in his administration if elected. 

Waziri Adamawa said, “again, let me make this commitment, particularly to the youth and women of this country, I have committed 40 per cent of my government to the youth, 30 per cent to the women, making total of  70 per cent, this is because I want you to succeed us, if we don’t train you, if we don’t give you the experience you are not going to take over from us.”

On insecurity, Atiku who also lambasted the All Progressive Congress led government, said: “before they said it was only North-east, today the insecurity has gone to North-west, it has gone to North-central, do you what to continue with this? Because they don’t know how to govern, and if you don’t want to continue with all these vices, I appeal to you to vote for PDP.

Earlier in his remarks, National chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus described the party’s Presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar as energetic, resourceful and challenged the APC Candidate President Muhammadu Buhari to engage the people like they are doing.

He said, “APC candidate, Buhari cannot be seen, they are hiding him in the Villa. We challenge him to come out to talk to the people, to engage the people in hours of debate.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply