NHP: FG vows to sanction erring contractors in Kebbi





The Zonal Director, North-west National Housing Programme of the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, Architect Joseph Toluhi, has said federal government will not hesitate to  sanction erring contractors handling the project in Kebbi state. 

Toluhi issued the warning Wednesday  in Bini Kebbi while on the inspection tour of the project site in the state. 

He said since the federal government did not owe any of the contractors, it is expected of them to have completed the project. 

Toluhi stated that the project, which is designed for the medium income earners, has 76 housing units with 19 contractors working on the site. 

He, however, said six out of the contractors had performed below the expectation, saying government would involve the relevant sections of the contractual agreement on them. 

“The level of progress on this site is below the expectation. The controller told me that government is not owing any of the contractors. In view of this, we will not hesitate to involve the relevant sections of our contractual agreements in order to get another people that will complete the project”, the zonal director said. 
The state team leader of the project, Architect Alex Onwudiwe, said the project had reached 65 percent completion stage, adding that all the basic infrastructure had been provided on the site. 

However, a sub contractor for the project, Engineer Ejike Ekpelinwa, said it had  greatly touched the lives of the site workers positively and called for the immediate take off of its second phase. 

No tags for this post.

Matched content



Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*