post

No Borno council under Boko Haram control – Theatre commander

Spread the love

Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, has said the Boko Haram group no longer controlled any of the local government areas in Borno state.
Attahiru said the activities of the troops under his command have brought “despondency” on the outlawed Boko Haram group.
“This is official and emphatic; there is no local government area in Borno state that is under Boko Haram control”, Attahiru said.
He said Boko Haram insurgency would soon be phased out “in no distant time.”
According to him, the land and air components of the Operation Lafiya Dole have sustained the onslaught on the insurgents under the two sub-operations tagged “Deep Punch” and “Ruwan Wuta (Rain of fire).”
The theatre commander said, over 230 captives held by Boko Haram had been rescued within the period under review.
He said dozens of Boko Haram fighters, including key commanders had been killed while several others arrested and were being investigated.
Attahiru said 15 of the Boko Haram fighters, who launched an attack on the rocky town of Gwoza last Tuesday night, were killed after a gun battle, adding that a large cache of arms was also recovered.


Spread the love

Speak Your Mind

*