Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state has released N100 million for immediate compensation to victims of Wednesday Boko Haram insurgency in
The Shehu of Bama, HRH Alhaji Kyari In Ibrahim El Kanemi, disclosed this to newsmen after he took the governor’s delegates led by the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Alhaji Baba Kaka Garbai, on behalf of the governor who was in Abuja for an official engagement.
The insurgents further burnt down the Bama motor park where 116 commercial and private vehicles as well as shops and union offices were set ablaze.
As the royal father conducted journalists and governors’ representatives round the town, people were seen sitting down in front of their houses receiving condolences.
At the Bama General Hospital, the chief nursing officer, Mohammed Shuwa, told the team that 48 people were brought to the hospital and nine were had successful bullet surgery, while seven were referred to Maisuguro Speciliast Hospital and were referred to the university of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital For treatment.
He said about 200 people were injured and treated and discharged.
The commissioner had earlier said Shettima constituted a committee headed by Alhaji Usman Jiddah Ahuwa as chairman to assess the extent of destruction and determine the actual number of victims involved with a view to assisting them, while announcing N100 million take-up funds for the victims.No tags for this post.