Taraba moves to privatise Mambilla Beverages Limited 




The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Taraba Investment and Property Limited,  Mr. Iliya Ezekiel, Sunday, disclosed that the state government has commenced sensitisation of 10 host communities in Mambilla Plateau, Kakara in Sardauna local government area of the state on plans to privatise the multi billion naira Mambilla Beverages Limited.

Iliya, who stated this while briefing journalists in Kakara town, Mambilla Plateau, said government begins the sensitisation to educate the  people of the benefit they would drive at the end of the exercise.

He noted that government would own 30% while the remaining 70% will be privatised.

He stressed that the host communities preferred foreigners to manage the company to Nigerian investors.

“We are happy that the host communities welcome the idea of the privatisation.

And they told us that they are all happy with the development, because it is what is happening in the whole world today,” he said.

According to him, “Nothing changes in the company,  30% will be for government while 70% will be privatised.

He added that in order to improve profitability, productivity, efficiency and job opportunities for the benefits of Tarabans, the state government is proposing to privatise the company to ensure proper and efficient management devoid of government interference and bureaucracies.

He urged the general public  to disregard any rumours that Mambila Beverages (Nig) Limited belongs to a particular community, stressing that these are rumours by mischief makers aimed at raising unnecessary tension amongst members of the unsuspecting public.

Related content you may like