The time has come again for Bayelsans to make their CHOICE!!!
There is no doubt that one of the great son’s of the soil in no other than Chief Ndutimi Aaibe, a one-time Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), a philanthropist has in the time past had some great achievements to reckon with, construction of roads across the Niger Delta, electrification of communities, empowering of his people to mention but a few.
It is believed that his elevation to Managing Director, NDDC helped him to make a network of contacts as well as built what later became a strong political structure that produced legislators and other political appointees including the likes of Heineken Lokpobiri, amongst others.
Alaibe is considered the most eligible, having contested the position severally and has been unlucky. But this time around the pundits are tipping him to get the baton! Despite the fact he has not officially announced his interest to run again but spotlights gathered that the former Managing Director, NDDC , has done a lot of legwork to smoothen the path for him when the time comes!
Alaibe’s return to PDP family came at an opportune time. First, PDP has regained a great measure of strength and stability from the resolution of its leadership squabble. And his return was celebrated in the quarters that matters most: Bayelsa State Government House!
Also his return to PDP has an added advantage also to the Niger Delta region, because he actually set the template for the Amnesty Programme established by the Late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. Applauding transformation in the state, they insisted Alaibe had the wherewithal to pilot the affairs for the benefits of the people in line with strides already achieved by the incumbent Governor Seriake Dickson.
Another poignant information is that virtually all the people are aligning with Timi Alaibe; everyone who talked about him did so in glowing terms; contentment, happiness and joy were written on the people inter-phased and interacted with. They sang his praises!
If reiterated the fact that good never goes unnoticed and unrewarded, one thing that stood out is that Timi Alaibe is down to earth. Humility is key to him, so the choice the people make is as a result of his astuteness.
A lot has been unfolding about the man who has a great pedigree to carry on from where the incumbent governor will stop!
Chief Timi Alaibe has the following which count for him to mention but a few:
1. He is a grassroots politician in the sense that he reaches out to his people in the remotest rural communities and give them a sense of belonging.
2. He is a great mobiliser; when there are things to be done, he does not wait for the appropriate quarters to provide funds just because results are needed; he goes ahead to mobilise and get things done!
3. If we remember vividly well like I stated earlier during his time at the NDDC, he performed excellently well, especially for his people. He created roads in the remotest areas to enable his people come out with end products to the end users.
4. He is going to bring in marvelous investors to the state because he already has an existing working relationship with them long before now.
5. Infrastructure wise he is going to take after his predecessor HE Seriake Dickson changing the face of Izon Nation
6. He is a staunch business man that he would be the first to record the highest GDP in Bayelsa!
This is just the tip of an iceberg as more unfold about this Pragmatic Leader!!!!
Amina Yahaya is a public affairs analyst and writes from Abuja.