Updated: Ibadan varsity education faculty common room razed by fire

The common room of the Faculty of Education of the University of Ibadan was Wednesday night razed by fire.

It was learnt that during the fire outbreak said to be around  9pm, equipment for social interaction, and networking by the teaching and non teaching staff members were completely razed.

The management of the institution has attributed the fire outbreak to power surge, which occurred during Wednesday night torrential rainfall.

It was said that the power surge was further triggered by a cooking gas in the common room in the faculty.

The university’s director of communication, Mr. Olatunji Oladejo, while commenting on the fire outbreak said, “Yes, I can confirm to you that there was a fire incident last night. However, contrary to the insinuations that the whole faculty was engulfed on fire, the incident only affected the common room of the faculty.

“The affected room was completely razed as we couldn’t lay hands on anything after the incident. We thank God that no life was lost.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply