Updated: NECO releases 2020 SSCE results, deregisters 12 schools in 6 states



The National Examinations Council (NECO) has deregistered 12 schools for two years for engaging in examination malpractices during the 2020 SSCE.

The Chief Registrar of the Council, Professor Godswill Obioma stated this while releasing the results in Minna on Wednesday.

He said the Council’s harmer also fell on 24 supervisors who have been blacklisted for aiding and abetting examination malpractices.

He said, “Arising from the above, 12 schools, 4 in Adamawa state, 2 in Kaduna, 2 in Katsina, 2 in Niger, 1 in Taraba and 1 in FCT were recommended for deregistration for two years for their involvement in mass cheating/whole school cases”.

He explained that 33,470 candidates, representing 2.61% were involved in various forms of malpractices, adding that the figure is lower than that of last year.

He attributed the reduction in examination malpractices to improved monitoring devices and use of technology.

He announced high performance of candidates in the examination, adding that 894,101 candidates representing 73.89% made credit and above in English and Mathematics.

According to Professor Obioma, 1,112,041 candidates made five credits irrespective of English and Mathematics, representing 01.91%.

He said, “Number of candidates who made credit and above in Mathematics is 1,060,100 while number of candidates who made credit and above in English Language is 973,331, representing 82.68%”.

Obioma said students who have their papers disrupted by EndSARS protests would be given the opportunity to rewrite the papers, adding that special arrangements had been made for them.

He said the results of such candidates had been released while the affected papers had been marked as pending till they rewrite such papers for complete results.

He assured that none of the affected candidates would be disenfranchised especially as the council is aware that they needed the results to secure admission into higher institutions.

He said, “We have informed the general public that the Council has made special arrangements for those candidates who missed some papers due to the EndSARS protests in those states. The affected candidates will now sit for the papers missed during the forthcoming 2020 SSCE External scheduled from Monday February 1, 2021 to Wednesday March 3, 2021”.

Sign Up Now

ePaper Subscription

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*