A recuperating soldier wounded during an operation against Boko Haram terrorists in the North east, Private Samuel Ernest, has expressed readiness to return to the frontlines to continue with the fight.
He told journalists at a get together organised by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen Tukur Buratai, to celebrate the Eid-el-Kabir for wounded soldiers that he was recuperating fast and was ready to go back to the frontlines to fight the terrorists if the army authorities allow him.
He said: “After the treatment, if I am fit enough, I will go back to the bush (frontlines), in order to continue the operation against the Boko Haram terrorists.
“I am feeling better now, I can now use crochets and put my feet down.’’
He said he was proud of the army chief and the Nigerian Army high command that came to identify with them at the occasion of the Sallah.
“I feel happy celebrating the Sallah with the Chief of Army Staff, as he comes to the hospital to see how we are faring and how we are being taken care of. This shows he cares about us,” he said.
Also Private Titus Okon, who is also recuperating from injury on one of laps after he was shot by the terrorists on May 21, expressed gratitude to God that he was getting better.
Earlier in his speech at Mafa, Borno state, the Chief of Army, represented by Chief of Training and Operations, Maj.-Gen. David Ahmadu, assured troops that the army was committed to their welfare.
At Mafa the representative of the army chief had launch with the troops in the spirit of the Sallah celebration.